Tuesday, August 25, 2009

"Will I Look Like My Grandpa John-John?"

What an honor to be able to name our son after our fathers! After losing my dad so unexpectedly, being able to carry on his name somehow makes me feel closer to him and almost like a little piece of him is still here.

It's so amazing that we tried to conceive for so long....each month getting more and more discouraged. And then to finally find out we were pregnant, on the very day he passed away 4 years earlier! Then to later learn it's a boy! What a wonderful sign that we're not alone!! God always does have a better plan; we just need to get out of the way!

I came across this picture of my dad when he was about a year old! What a cutie he was! Wonder if our little Johnny will look like him? Can't wait to find out!


No comments: